My ears then caught the sound of slowly growing foot steps that quickly past my window. As I was still a bit bewildered from being snatched out of my sweet dreams, I jumped to my feet and grab my rob from the hook on my bedroom door. I quickly stumbled down the hallway, with my focus set on what I may find in my backyard, I suddenly found the dog gate that was posted at the entrance to the hallway. I fell head long over the top of the gate, my head connected with the corner of the dinning room table. I picked myself up off the floor and found the flashlight that had slid across the kitchen tile. I continued to the back door. Reaching out and turning the door knob,"locked" I murmured. I slung the door open, if some one were out there I would want to surprise theme with my stealth. Throwing up my dimming flash light toward the shed I saw no movement. As I took the first step down the stairs that led into my backyard I saw a paisty white alian step from the shed. My heart was now racing, as I opened my mouth to speak I was suddenly awaken from a dream that was so real I could still smell the pine trees that lined my back yard.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
The Back Yard
It was unfortunate that I was awaken so abruptly, just before the sun broke the horizon. The terrified screech of a tormented cat was the alarm that brought me out of my deep slumber. I set up in my bed, and as the blanket exposed my chest to the cool night air, I heard a crashing sound that came from the tool shed in the back yard of my house. This alarmed me even more, my heart began to pound as though it was trying to escape my chest. I struggled to find the flashlight that I kept near the edge of my bed. My hand found the handle of the cold aluminum flashlight, I began shaking it hoping to some how I could activate the seasoned batteries that had laid dormant for so long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
is this a true dream?
ReplyDeleteNo, I wrote this during church one morning.
ReplyDelete